The feeling of motherhood is naturally the most special feeling for a woman. Having said that, the turn of events in every woman’s life end up with difficult decisions like the termination of pregnancy. Most of the women take such decisions at the beginning of their reproductive life as before they are ready, they get pregnant.
It threatens many of them for adverse effects of abortion on their body. On top of that, the main question in every woman’s mind arises, ‘would this abortion affect my subsequent pregnancy?’
Well, the answer is subjective and risks of abortion affecting succeeding pregnancy depend on the type of abortion performed.
As we already know the two types abortion, one, where you buy abortion pills and get done a medical abortion and two, where you go to the clinic and get a surgical abortion performed. To explain it further, we’ll see methods of abortion in detail.
A surgical abortion procedure contains removal of the fetus from the uterus through the vagina. Suction and sharp, spoon-shaped tools are usually used to perform abortion surgery. Women who undergo multiple surgical abortion procedures can have more risks of damage to the cervix. Women do not prefer having a surgical abortion as it can often be harmful to their body.
Effects of surgical abortion on succeeded pregnancy:
- Surgical abortion can affect the fertility of a woman in both, direct and indirect ways.
- In case of direct effects, a surgical abortion can affect the uterine causing blemish or scarring.
- Also, there are a few chances of pregnancies getting ectopic.
- In certain cases, the fertilized egg implants itself outside of the uterine cavity.
The non-surgical, i.e. medical method includes abortion performed using abortion pills like MTP Kit. Women in their early weeks of pregnancy can take this medication to abort the fetus.
This Kit is a combination of 2 medicines, with one pill of Mifepristone (200mg) and four pills of Misoprostol (200mcg each). These pills are FDA approved and have received approval in 2000.
How does it work?
Mifepristone hormone called anti-progesterone entails the fetus. The medication blocks the activity of progesterone hormones in the uterus, whereas, Misoprostol is a prostaglandin analogue, which expels out the pregnancy remnants out of the woman’s uterus, ultimately, terminating the pregnancy.
Effects of MTP kit on your succeeded pregnancy:
- There are side effects of medical abortion which include diarrhea, nausea, feeling, faintness, acute abdominal pain, nervousness, full bleeding, pain in joints, however, these are all short-term effects that a woman faces and go away on their own.
- Generally, elective abortion does not affect fertility or complications in later pregnancies
If we compare medication abortion with surgical one, women prefer having a medical abortion over surgical one as it does not have to undergo any surgery. Besides, a woman can easily buy MTP kit online. It does not create insecurity about their fertility or future pregnancy.
A study suggests medical abortion is safe and more effective, further, does not harm the fertility of a woman. Healthy pregnancies of women who have undergone medical abortion are more in numbers compared to women who have had a surgical abortion.